Let’s meet the scientists and schools taking part…
Zarah Pattison | PhD Student, University of Stirling
I hunt alien plants along stormy rivers because they grow bigger and faster than British plants, making them dangerous local bullies.
Konstantinos Drousiotis | PhD Student, University of York
Teaching bacteria to find, grab and eat sugars from plants!
Kirsten Brandt | Lecturer, Newcastle University
I study the health benefits of natural toxins in vegetables.
Jennifer Bates | Postdoctoral, University of Cambridge
I’m an archaeologist who studies how people used plants 5000 years ago to look at climate change and social change in India.
Freddie Morrison | John Innes Centre
We want farm plants to get fat but we’re giving them too much food and lots is just going on the floor! But does this special acid help them grow more with less food?
- All Saints Catholic College, Yorkshire
- Blacon High School, Cheshire
- Broadlands Academy, Bristol
- Dame Alice Owen’s School, Hertfordshire
- Ethos College, Yorkshire
- Furness Academy, Cumbria
- Glossopdale Community College, Derbyshire
- Hans Price Academy, Somerset
- Kingfield Primary School, Surrey
- Newstead Wood School, Kent
- Prendergast Vale School, London
- Sheepy Magna CofE Primary School, Warwickshire
- Stranraer Academy, Stranraer
- The Compton School, London
- The Highfield School, Hertfordshire
- Waddesdon CofE School, Buckinghamshire
This zone is funded by the Wellcome Trust.