Thank you from your winner – Zarah!

Students, we want to hear from you too! Click here to go to your profile survey and tell us what you think for a chance to win a £20 voucher!

We asked Zarah to tell us about winning I’m a Scientist, and here is what she said…

Hi everyone!

Firstly, I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who voted and took part in the Plant Zone of I’m a scientist. It was a truly fantastic experience! I have learnt so much from both the students and the scientists, Kon; Jennifer; Freddy and Kirsten, during the last two weeks. Chatting to the students was such great fun. You all had brilliant questions and kept me on my toes. I could have spent all day chatting! I also appreciate the questions you all asked in the “Ask Zone”. I spent most evenings answering them and loved it.

My main aim for entering the competition was to show students that being a scientist is an achievable goal. I myself did not flourish in science during my school years and left school early to work in the cosmetics industry. I only found my passion for science in my 20s and pushed myself to go to university. This enabled me to try different areas of science and find the subject, plant ecology, I now work in. ANYONE can be a scientist! You have to try different things, find out which bit you love and go for it!

ZarahsstaffieI will soon be discussing and planning how to best spend the money on showing students the fun side of science. I would also like to say thank you for all the students who took an interest in Ninja. Because of this I will be donating £50 of my own money at Christmas to the Dog’s Trust Rehoming Charity, for canned food. Remember to #AdoptDontShop.

Good luck on your scientific adventures and thank you again for an unforgettable two weeks!

Zarah

Posted on November 22, 2016 modbeth in News | Leave a comment